Location:I am located in Douglasville Georgia, I-20 West past Six Flags Over Georgia just past Arbor Place Mall.
I-20 West toward exit 36 Chapel Hill Road. Take Chapel Hill Road Exit
and keep left for Chapel Hill Road South. You will go around a long
curve and stay in your right lane. At the light next to the Cactus Car
wash make a right turn onto Douglas Boulevard. Go approximately 1 mile
on Douglas Boulevard. You will go through 2 traffic lights and will pass
Arbor Place Mall. The Plaza is on the left side just after you pass
Buffalo Wild Wings. There is ample free parking.
Urban One Salon Suites
I-20 East toward exit 34 On GA-5. Make a right turn onto GA-5. At the first light make a left onto Douglas Boulevard. Travel about .6 miles and the Plaza is on your right. There is plenty of free parking.
6842-H Douglas Boulevard Suite 7
Douglasville, GA 30135
This is in the same plaza as the King Buffett Restaurant and its right next to the Atlanta Vaping store
There is 24 Hour security at the location so you will need to be buzzed in.
On the call box at the right of the door look up Tamika Bell and press the number into the keypad. I will then buzz you in.
I will be in suite number seven in the back on the left side. If the door is closed knock and I will let you in.
Hours of operation:
Clients are taken by Appointment Only.
Wednesday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Last (last weave service is taken at 3:30pm)
Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (last weave service taken at 3:30pm)
Saturday 7:00 am to 2:00 pm (last weave service taken at 1pm)
Closed on Sundays, Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays
Children Services Policy:No children are allowed in the salon unless being serviced. Salon Tamika Bell does not service children under the age of sixteen. Children prices are the same as adult prices. If your child is tender headed expect to pay the excessive detangling fee.
Premium Hours of Operation:
Sometimes you may need an appointment outside of the hours of operation. Your request for premium hours can be accommodated for a convenience fee of $100.
Wednesday or Friday (weave service can start at 8am, 5pm, 6pm)
Saturday (weave service can start at 5am, 6am, 2pm, 3pm)
Please read the booking policy and frequently asked questions before calling or emailing.
Things you should know before scheduling an appointment:
- We require a $100 reservation** fee to book any weave appointment (please read policies below).
- All weave services require you to schedule a consultation to assess your hair and to determine if your hair is a candidate for a weave service. This is a separate fee of $50. It is a one time fee that is separate from the cost of the service. This fee must be prepaid. During this time we will talk about what type of weave will suite your needs and the type of hair that you will buy for your weave service. This can be done by phone, skype, and email if necessary. This consultation does not guarantee an appointment with the salon.
- We will not perform weave services on freshly relaxed hair. It is required you wait 3-4 weeks after a relaxer service to receive a weave service.
- We have certain brands of hair that we prefer to work with but it must be purchased at your own risk, we prefer high quality human hair for weave services (recommendations below).
- We also offer hair for sale at the salon.
- If you are receiving a full head weave service you must purchase a silk or lace closure.
Reservation fee for Weave Appointments:
All weave services require a reservation fee** of $100 to hold your appointment. **Can be paid by credit card or cash. We can also take this fee over the phone with your credit card. This fee is due upon booking your appointment.
This is your appointment reservation fee and will be applied toward the total cost of the service on the day of the appointment.
**Reservation fee is non-refundable and non-transferable. It can only be used towards your weave service. If the reservation fee is not used within 90 days it will be forfeited.
48 Hoursí notice is required for all cancellations.
If you donít cancel within 48 hours the $100 reservation fee will serve as a cancellation fee and will be forfeited. e.g. If your weave service is at 11am on Thursday, you will need to call by 11am on Tuesday to cancel your appointment.
Also if you decide that on the day of the weave service to get a shampoo service instead of the weave redo, the $100 deposit will forfeited and you will also be charged for the shampoo service.
If you ordered your weave hair and it doesn't arrive in time and you donít cancel before the 48 hour requirement, your $100 reservation fee will also be forfeited.
If you arrive more than 30 minutes late for your appointment more than likely you will have to reschedule also forfeiting the reservation fee.
Your time is valuable and so is mine. So if I have reserved a 3-4 hour slot for a weave service and you don't cancel in a prompt manner, that time could have been allotted for someone who did want to receive a weave service.
Please kindly call if you are going to be late for your appointment.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How long does my hair have to be to receive a weave service?
It is recommended that your hair be at least 4 -6 inches long from root to tip. This helps us to be able to place the hair into secure braids for a long lasting weave.
How long will the weave service take?
The service will take 3 to 4 hours depending on the length and thickness of your natural hair.
How long do you recommend I keep my weave in?
A hair weave can be kept in for about 8 weeks. If you decide to leave it in longer you risk the hair underneath becoming matted and tangled.
Do you work with different hair types?
Yes, we can do weaves on all hair types including African-American (black hair), Caucasian, Latino, mixed race etc.
I have natural hair. Do I have to relax my hair to get a weave service?
You do not have to relax your hair to receive a weave service. Weaves can be worn successfully on natural hair. However, natural hair must be blended with the weave hair. If you donít feel comfortable maintaining leave out hair then a full head sewn-in weave is a great option.
How should I care for my natural hair while wearing the weave?
Your hair underneath should be properly moisturized while wearing the weave. We will discuss proper techniques and products to use at the time of your weave service.
This is my first time getting a weave service. I donít know what to do or what type of hair to purchase.
In this situation, you can schedule a consultation so we can go over the types of hair that will suite what type of style you want to wear. We will also go over weave maintenance to make wearing a weave a good experience.
What type of hair do you recommend for a natural looking weave?
I recommend you use high quality human hair of your choice for your weave. Lower quality hair tends to matte and tangle after a couple of washes. **hair is purchased at your own risk
Brands of high quality reusable human hair that I have used with success:
Brands of hair human hair that I have heard good reviews on:
If you must get hair from the beauty supply, please note you may not get a natural looking weave.
Things you should know about weave hair:
- Most weave services require about 6 ounces of hair for a natural looking weave. If you are buying hair from a vendor that sells hair in packs you will need 2 packs of hair. The longer the hair (18 inches or longer) you will more than likely need 3 packs or 8-10 ounces of hair for your weave service.
- A lot of vendors will sell you the hair already in the color you require but often times hair will come in #1b or #2. Weave hair can be custom colored for an additional fee.
- At the time of your hair weave service we will discuss how to properly care for your own natural hair and the weave hair. We will be more than happy to answer any further questions you have at this time.
In Our Salon
- We don't overbook appointments.
- We use only high-quality professional products.
- We provide free Wi-Fi and a drama-free salon atmosphere.